Information We Collect
Information about you may be collected by the Website in one of two ways: (1) information that you provide to us directly and (2) information that is gathered automatically during your visit.
Information You Provide Directly
The Website will collect information you provide directly to us in the following ways:
- When you submit an email through an email link, we collect your email address as well as any information you provide in the body of the email
- When you submit a contact form, we collect any information in required fields (such as name, email, phone number) and any information in non-required fields that you provide
- When you upload a file, we collect any information that is provided in that file
Information Gathered Automatically
The Website gathers certain types of information automatically during your visit. This may include:
- Technical data provided from web browsers, mobile devices, or servers: this may include IP address, browser type, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, data and time of access, operating system and mobile network information
How And Why We Use Your Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To respond to your direct inquiry related to West Cary Group
- To monitor and analyze trends in order to better understand how users interact with the Website
- To further develop and improve our Website – this may include (but not limited to) changes to features, content or user experience
- To serve relevant advertisements in your web browser or application after a visit to the Website
- To measure, gauge and improve the effectiveness of our advertising
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by West Cary Group we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on West Cary Group
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell your private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: we may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes (but not limited to) vendors that assist us with our marketing efforts and those that help us develop and improve our Website
- Legal Requests: we may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property and Others: we may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of West Cary Group, third parties, or the public at large
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction, such as third parties with which you authorize us to do so
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: we may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you
Children and Privacy
As a requirement to use our Website, you acknowledge that you have the appropriate consent(s) from any individual (or the parent of any child under the age of 18) to share their personal information with us. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of eighteen (18). We will delete any personal information collected that we later determine to be from an individual younger than the age of eighteen (18).
Third Party Sites and Services
Our Website may contain links to third party websites, applications and services not operated by us. These links are provided as a service and do not imply any endorsement by us of the activities or content of these sites, applications or services nor any association with their operators. Additionally, our Website may include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button, and widgets, such as the “Share This” button or interactive mini-programs that run on our Website. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third-party including websites or services directly linked to our Website. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party site that you visit.
The personal information that you provide to us is generally stored on servers located in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, you explicitly ACKNOWLEDGE AND CONSENT that once your personal information is submitted through our Website, it will be transferred to our servers in the United States and that the United States currently does not have uniform data protection laws in place. Further, the United States has not sought nor received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union under Article 45 of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) of the European Union. For residents of the European Union, we rely on derogations for specific situations as set forth in Article 49 of the GDPR. In particular, we collect and transfer to the U.S. personal information of European Union residents only: (a) with your consent; (b) to perform a contract with you; or (c) to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest of ours in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it - which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Your Information - and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you service, contact us at email@example.com.
We work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring the Website for potential vulnerabilities and attacks. However, no website is 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website; any personal information transmitted to us is at your own risk.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
Limit the Information that You Provide: you may choose not to provide information requested by the Website. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of the Website may not be accessible.
Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us; in order to do so, follow the instructions in those messages.
Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using the Website, with the drawback that certain features of the Website may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
West Cary Group is your data controller. A data controller makes decisions regarding, and is responsible for, the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your Personal Information in accordance with this privacy notice, as well as any applicable national laws. As your data controller, we may transfer data to our affiliates who agree to the obligations of this privacy notice. We may process and retain your personal information on our servers in the U.S. and elsewhere in the world where our data centers are located. If you have questions regarding your personal information, please contact us using the contact information set forth in the “How to Reach Us” section below.
Information Correction, Removal, and Opting Out
- Correction & Removal. If you wish to obtain a copy of your personal information that is being processed by us, or if any of the information that we have about you is incorrect, or you have any questions regarding the processing of your information, or you wish to have information (including personal information) removed from our records, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to such inquiries within fifteen (15) business days.
- Opting Out. Additionally, if you prefer not to receive marketing messages from us, please let us know by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing message that you receive, or by sending a message to us at email@example.com.
Some communications are considered transactional and are necessary for all of our users. To cancel your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Reach Us